See what all the fuss is about at Schedulicity…
COME WORK WITH US
If you like making others’ lives easier and you like to live an easy life yourself, you’ll like it here a lot. Nestled in the beautiful Gallatin Valley, we work hard to play hard. High fives and compliments are our company’s primary form of communication. Our supportive and interdisciplinary teamwork allows us to accomplish our goals with the whole team adding to our success. Oh, and dogs are welcome.
Build honest relationships through healthy communication
Live human to human
Listen first, then go above and beyond
Honor positivity with an open mind
Pop dat ego
Do the right thing
Believe and trust in the cause
Be part of the solution
Schedulicity is the leading online appointment, class and workshop scheduling system and platform for discovering and booking local services in more than 50 different industries. Consumers in more than 7,700 cities across the U.S. and Canada have booked over 117 million appointments, classes and workshops through Schedulicity. Since launching in 2010, Schedulicity has earned prestigious awards for excellence in technology and customer service.
Located in Bozeman, MT
Kick-ass team of 44 rockstars
Launched in 2010
SO YOU WANT
TO JOIN US?
Take a look at our available jobs.
There are currently no available positions in administration. Check back later!
There are currently no available positions in marketing. Check back later!
Director of Engineering
Schedulicity is the leading online appointment scheduling system and marketplace for discovering and booking local services in more than 50 different industries. Consumers in more than 7,300 cities across the U.S. and Canada have booked over 110 million appointments through Schedulicity. Since launching in 2010, Schedulicity has earned prestigious awards for excellence in technology and customer service.
The Director of Engineering will be responsible for managing and growing Schedulicity’s engineering organization. This position partners closely with the VP of Product and Leadership to enable our teams to continue to grow. In this position you will work relentlessly to improve existing engineering practices and deliver valuable outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit engineers and participate in talent screening for roles outside of engineering.
- Strategize technical goals that align and support with our business goals.
- Participate in end-to-end release management process and ensure successful product delivery.
- Ensure engineering team follows industry-standard best practices (e.g. unit testing).
- Maintain consistent attention to scalability and long-term sustainability.
- Provide career development and professional growth for team members.
- Ability to collaborate across departments with a strong focus on business outcomes.
- Facilitate cross-team coordination and functionality.
- Maintain and adjust engineering budget as needed.
- Be an evangelist for Schedulicity in Montana’s tech community.
- Present and participate in key company meetings (e.g. board meetings, shareholder meetings, etc.).
- Facilitate on-call rotation scheduling and responsibilities.
- Willingness to be flexible and perform responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description.
Operating System Knowledge Requirements
- Strong understanding of modern software engineering.
- Experience with REST APIs.
- Experience with cloud hosting and its capabilities (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with modern data storage solutions. (e.g. S3, Glacier, etc.).
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git, TFS, SVN).
- Familiar with issue tracking systems (e.g. JIRA, Trello, TFS).
- Familiar with documentation system and strategies (e.g. Confluence).
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years professional software engineering experience.
- 2+ years people/team management experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have a curious, can-do, proactive, and positive attitude.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to be flexible with hours to meet the needs of the business. Attend and participate in regular software deployments, generally outside of normal work hours.
- Close vision for PC work, sitting/standing for long periods of time, repetitive wrist movements
- Able to work independently and collaboratively to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
At this time, Schedulicity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Open Date: July 26, 2018
Close Date: When it’s filled
Where: Bozeman, Montana-Home Office
Interested? Email your resume to email@example.com
There are currently no available positions in support. Check back later!
Even if you don’t see a job you’re looking for, be sure to reach out to us if you think you would be a good fit on our rockstar team! We would love to hear from you!