We are looking for a user interface/experience designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This person knows experience design process from end to end and can act as a leader in the development of the complete range of design artifacts. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to reach an elegant design solution. The candidate will also have extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment working on multiple projects with in-house, remote and outsourced teams. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead team building and collaboration
- Visual design definition, direction and execution
- Interactive design definition, direction and execution
- Design effort level scoping (LOE, SOW and proposals)
- Contributing to client relationships
- Collaborating on user experience planning with other UI/UX designers
- Researching interaction design trends
- Researching technology trends
- Performing other duties and assuming new responsibilities as the Department’s needs change.
- Willingness to be flexible and perform responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description
- Willingness to learn
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support the product team’s purpose of designing the future of Schedulicity business and client interaction and experience.
- Collaborate with designers on the product teams in both core design skills as well as industry specific concepts.
- Create sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes, and written specs to communicate design concepts to engineering.
- Collaborate with Product Development teams throughout the product cycle, delivering effective design solutions that meet current requirements and can scale for future releases.
- Set design direction and advocate design efforts against the product roadmap and experience design vision.
- Help establish design and user experience cohesiveness across the application support platforms
- Build, document and maintain design standards for each of the supported platforms
- Accept and incorporate feedback from organizational leaders and customers in a rapid iterative design process, and effectively produce highly polished and professional finished design deliverables under tight timelines.
- Engage with customers to validate design solutions and conduct quick rounds of usability testing, incorporating results into your design process.
- Review product builds and provide feedback to engineering throughout the product cycle.
WHO YOU ARE
You love what you do and want to collaborate with a diverse team. You’re the type of person who listens but isn’t afraid to speak up. You love collaborating with people as much as you enjoy diving into a solo project. You crave the opportunity and growth of a large company but the flexibility and camaraderie of a small private one. You look for inspiration in places people might overlook. You jump in wherever and whenever you are needed as nothing is beneath you and no task is too small. You are adept at working with multiple stakeholders across a large organization and at coordinating against tight deadlines. You embrace ambiguity and can set direction if none is given. You know that perfection can’t always be achieved in the time constraints given, but you certainly get as close as possible. You love making designs that are approachable and make technology easier to use.
- Three or more years of user experience design experience for software, Web applications which leverage emergent technologies and/or mobile devices
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and associated design tools
- Proficient with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of common software project management practices
- Understanding of common software development practices
- Experience with common software development life cycles (e.g. agile, scrum, lean, waterfall)
- Working knowledge of native iOS and Android application UI/UX design standards
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in graphic design, interaction design, new media design or related design field
- Some travel may be required
- Portfolio to accompany resume
- Salary depends on experience
- Interested? Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, point to a favorite app or web site design and describe how it inspires you or represents a great user experience.
At this time, Schedulicity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Schedulicity is the leading online appointment scheduling system and marketplace for discovering and booking local services in more than 50 different industries. Consumers in more than 7,300 cities across the U.S. and Canada have booked over 110 million appointments through Schedulicity. Since launching in 2010, Schedulicity has earned prestigious awards for excellence in technology and customer service.
Open Date: September 5, 2018
Close Date: When it’s filled
Where: Bozeman, Montana-Home Office
Interested? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org