Senior Database Administrator (DBA)
Are you a rock star SQL Server DBA? Can you optimize queries, craft sublime sprocs, and administer SQL Server in your sleep? Tired of big IT and big cities? Does the idea of being part of a fast, dynamic, and growing tech start-up excite you? Do you see yourself enjoying all that beautiful Bozeman, Montana has to offer? If you answered “yes” then you owe it to yourself to apply at Schedulicity!
Schedulicity is the leading online appointment, class and workshop scheduling system and platform for discovering and booking local services in more than 50 different industries. Consumers in more than 7,700 cities across the U.S. and Canada have booked over 117 million appointments, classes and workshops through Schedulicity. Since launching in 2010, Schedulicity has earned prestigious awards for excellence in technology and customer service.
Reporting directly to the VP of Analytics, the Senior DBA is a high-visibility role that has direct accountability over Schedulicity’s entire RDBMS solution. By living Schedulicity’s values the Sr. DBA partners closely with Schedulicity’s Product, Engineering, and Analytics teams in an agile, federated work environment to architect, implement, and operate world-class SQL Server infrastructure.
The successful candidate will bring a wide range of expertise to Schedulicity. To be crystal clear, this role is more than just administration. You will wear many hats ranging from optimizing virtual hardware, to crafting elegant T-SQL, to partnering with data scientists to troubleshoot R-based advanced analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (e.g., computer science) or equivalent education/experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a SQL Server DBA in a 24x7x52 environment, including hands-on experience with SQL Server 2016.
- Expertise with aspects of SQL Server administration, including (but not limited to): security, maintenance, tuning, query optimization, disaster recovery, and hardware specification.
- Expertise with all aspects of T-SQL coding, including database application development.
- Expertise with all aspects of SQL Server data modeling, including translation of logical models to optimal physical implementations.
- Experience successfully partnering with agile software development teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Design and operation of SQL Server solutions in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud.
- Usage of SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) to automate database development and deployments.
- Dimensional modeling of data warehousing solutions.
- Administering production solutions leveraging SQL Server Analysis, Integration, and/or Reporting Services.
- Operating advanced analytical solutions using SQL Server 2016 R Services.
- Migration of SQLCLR code to pure T-SQL implementations.
NOTE – At this time Schedulicity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship
Open Date: August 30, 2018
Where: This position requires relocation to Bozeman, Montana
Interested? Email your resume to email@example.com