We are looking for a senior software engineer to join the Schedulicity team and work with us to create world class scheduling experiences for businesses and consumers. The ideal candidate will have strong skills in software engineering practices such as building front-end designs, engineering maintainable APIs, crafting scalable data storage solutions, and/or designing high performance systems, all within a collaborative, agile environment. It’s a great opportunity to work on a product that you can actually use. The desire to mentor (and be mentored) are key qualities of the ideal candidate. Knowledge of modern software development and agile methodologies is a must.
Schedulicity is the leading online appointment, class and workshop scheduling system and platform for discovering and booking local services in more than 50 different industries. Consumers in more than 7,700 cities across the U.S. and Canada have booked over 117 million appointments, classes and workshops through Schedulicity. Since launching in 2010, Schedulicity has earned prestigious awards for excellence in technology and customer service.
A day in the life…
- Develop software solutions by working with the product team to understand requirements and business needs.
- Participate in the company’s software development lifecycle following agile development practices.
- Collaborate with engineering team leads and engineering director to define company engineering standards.
- Collaborate with engineering team members to ensure software adheres to company engineering standards.
- Work with team members to manage system design and architecture.
- Be a leader and a mentor, and be open to learning from others.
- Define engineering best practices, and ensure they are followed by others.
- Occasionally present to others based on topics of strong knowledge.
- Provide an appropriate level of documentation including setup/configuration details, technical diagrams, code comments, and clearly written code.
- Participate in code reviews; all source code committed will be subject to a pull request and accompanying code review.
- Attend and participate in regular software deployments as needed, generally outside of normal work hours.
- Participate in on-call rotation responsibilities to act as troubleshooting lead when possible as incidents are reported.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years professional software engineering experience.
- Solid understanding of modern software engineering practices.
- Strong experience with some of the following:
- C#, Java, Swift, Node.js.
- SQL Server (or similar SQL-based database), MongoDB (or similar NoSQL-based database).
- Experience with some of the following:
- Cloud-based hosting solutions such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Modern software deployment practices.
- Web-based frameworks and libraries.
- Native application development for Android or iOS.
- REST APIs.
- Version control systems such as Git, TFS, or SVN.
- Deployment pipelines.
- CSS pre-processors such as Less or Sass.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiar with JIRA or similar issue tracking system.
- Familiar with Confluence or similar documentation system.
- Have a curious, can-do, proactive, and positive attitude.
NOTE – At this time Schedulicity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Open Date: September 18, 2018
Close Date: When it’s filled
Where: Bozeman, Montana or Remote
Interested? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org